Wednesday 22 November 2006

First Class To Indoor Training

Right today has been rather interesting, about a week ago now I was asked by a physical education teacher to attend in a P.E class of a group of year 8's in the gymnasium. As he knew I did parkour he wanted me to influence the kids into improving there gymnastic skills. So from experience in conditioning and parkour training I started by a quick loosening off then went into conditioning and then into stretches This took from the start of the class at 8:50am till 9:10am I had to rush it as I was limited to time. So after this then what I did was set up a few horses, mats, boxes and steps I did this in way that once completeing a movement over one of the apparatus you could then link the movements together in a variety of ways ( Just like at The world wide jam Extreme sports Demonstration and tution days). So i demonstrated movements to the kids and they looked on at me in amazement, But then I said to them the basics getting them crisp, clean and fluid is much more impressive, So we started with landing and rolling which they loved then we got onto techniques of jumping and precision after that I showed them the basic vaults; Cat Pass, Dash, Switch and Speed vaults. With them gaining the experience of these techniques and movements and after i explained the whole history and philosphy behind parkour I let them loose on the course and I was very impresses, obvisously there were some better than others but they all had the potential to become very skilled. Plus the teacher who asked me to do the class looked on at the class with an astonished face at how well I conducted the class, and that is what he said, so i've been asked to do another class next wednesday 12:30 till 1:30 to teach a group of year 9's. But this time it is head of P.E and the sports centre manager so if I can show him true parkour and how it is meant to be done then maybe I can get after school classes going for teachomg as well as good training time for myself aswell as fellow traceurs!!! So guys the idea I brought up months ago is still intatc so Let's keep our fingers crossed :)

Footage from world wide jam classes : Me (Green Trousers, Black t-shirt) Danny ilabaca(Grey trousers, black t-shirt) and Niel ( all Black) doing double cat passes.

No comments: