Thursday 23 November 2006

Stone Cold

So last night I headed up for Tae Kwon Do an hour early to get some indoor parkour training done in the gym. Because the gym was locked I had to go see my friend Sam Triffit who was working on the swimming baskets But as i waited him to get the key for the Gymnasium I looked around the area with parkour vision and did I have myself anawesome lil Training session in the swimming changing rooms? why yes I did , Firtsly it started with a cat pass through a little square hole into an arm jump then from there I saw another arm Jump so i did a combination of a Cat pass to arm jump to arm jump then I got up into a monkey postion balancing then precisioned across to the next cubical and made it around the whole changing room with out touching the floor, It was a brilliant challenge and a half. This took me to about Half past five , so it was half an hour before Tae kwon do started and at this point I was in the gym. So i decided to bring out a vaulting horse and do some vaults over it with a limited run up of three steps to get as much distnace and make it look as fluid and as silent as possible, After this I remebered A movement from jump britain what Seb does where he hops over a rail and then lands his feet on the wall then pushes of the wall into a cat pass back over the rail and I managed to do this successfully but over the vaulting horse. Once completeing these movements I then Went and got another Horse out and started doing about 5-6ft double cat passes then manged to do a 6-7ft Cat pass to precsion and both horses were equal hieght so I was pretty proud of It although I did bail Pretty badly first time.

This then got me warm enough For tae kwon do and by this time it was 6 pm so i was gettin changed for tae kwon do. We started with loosening off then Basics and patterns, Then dodgeball and reset. Once we did these we then did a brilliant warm up well I did any way I did a circuit of 20 tricep shoulder press ups, Then 20 sumo squats, 20 sit ups while chain punching and finally 20 burpee star jumps. Once finsihed this I then had a stretch. After finishing stretching we then went on to Kicking and punching drills, and some killer ones at that which I loved. Then we went on to sparring and I had about a 5 minute freestyle spar with the instructor who is like 6ft 6-7 and one of the best martial artists ive ever seen. He absolutley Ahnilated me but It was a great experience for me coz this way Im learning the hard way, and I realised how much better i needed to get and How i needed to adapt to survive the spar with a fighting chance of not going to the floor. Once we finished sparring we then went into Traditional and I practiced my four one step sparring and then we finished of singing happy birthday to our instructor Jon.

A pick of me doing a relaxed flying side kick:

No comments: